April 16, 2015-May 30, 2015: The Holocaust and Human Rights Center of Maine, at the University of Maine in Augusta's Michael Klahr Center, will present “Nor Ashkhar: Maine Armenians in the Century After Genocide”, an exhibit featuring photographs and memorabilia documenting the Armenian experience in Maine. On opening night (Thursday, April 16) there will be a kickoff event from 5pm-7pm featuring Armenian music, speakers, wine, and appetizers. Admission is free. For non-drivers, a shuttle van will leave Back Cove in Portland at 4pm and return around 8pm. FMI please call Gerard at 207-774-2162.
Saturday, April 18, 2015, 11am: Father Krikor Sabounjian from the Metro West Holy Translator church in Framingham will conduct a traditional Armenian mass at St. Paul Anglican Church in Portland. A light Middle Eastern lunch will be served immediately after the service.
Thursday, April 23, 2015: A proclamation commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide will be read aloud during an open session of the Maine State Senate on Thursday April 23rd.
Sunday, April 26, 2015: Colby College in Waterville will sponsor Maine Migrations, Past and Present, a conference on Maine's small immigrant communities that brings together scholars, activists, and community representatives, including Maine Armenians.
May 14, 2015: The Portland Public Library will host a lecture by Fulbright scholar and BC journalism professor Lou Ureneck to discuss his new book The Great Fire: One American's Mission to Rescue Victims of the 20th Century's First Genocide, which offers a glimpse into the common plight of Armenians and Greeks in the final years of the Ottoman empire.
- Armenian refugees from Ottoman Turkey in Marseille, 1896.
- The Yeghoians, Maine's first documented Armenian immigrant family.
- Armenian Monument dedication, Portland 2003
- Monument inscription
- Young Armenian men at Old Orchard Beach, 1909
- ACAME picnic, Winslow Park, Freeport 2006 THis is a description
- Serunian's Grocery Store on Munjoy Hill, Portland, 1910
- Al (Bardezbanian) Gardener Ensemble performs at ACAME picnic, Freeport 2005
- Community recognition and Genocide Proclamation by Maine Senate, Augusta 2012
- John (Papazian) Martin's 20th Century Market on Congress St., Portland 1947
- Sayat Nova Dance Company, Portland 2010
- ACAME Picnic, Freeport 2006
- Christmas Mass at St. Paul Anglican Church, Portland 2008
- Local Armenian U.S. Army recruits in front of Portland High School, 1917
- Armenian Red Cross - Portland chapter, 1926
- ACAME picnic, Freeport 2008
- Armenian Dance, Portland 1954
- Armenian dance lessons, South Portland 2010
- Taner Akcem on Genocide Denial & Turkish National Security, Portland 2011